• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremey Clarkson.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremey Clarkson.....

may upset a few people, but I wished I listened to him when he slagged off peugeot - what a heap of junk !

What the problem with it? What model have you got?

I have a peugeot 406 and like it alot. But then I am 45 with 3 kids.

Comment

Not an age thing, you little whipper snapper

Have a 407, bought 18 months ago (secondhand of course). It has all the mod cons but it has warning lights for everything. According to the on-board computer my tyres are flat, the lights are broke, the abs is faulty.

First MOT cost over £700 for front wheel bearings etc (apparent known fault on 407s !), luckily I took out a warranty which covered most of the cost.

This week it has decided the anti-theft is faulty. Monday night the car wouldn't start, called the AA, while waiting for them tried it again and it started. Did it again last night, so the car has been left in the work's carpark. Tried it this morning and it started !!

My wife has posted the spare key down to me, so hopefully will get that tomorrow (that's if it is the key fob at fault !) so I can get home.

Use to own a very basic Ford Ka, no bells and whistles, but always started and always got me from A to B

Comment

Not sure they really "do" bigger cars - the 207 Hire car I had was great and seems to be the size most people outside the big cities in France drive. I think the 406 coupe is one of the prettiest cars around.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
          may upset a few people, but I wished I listened to him when he slagged off peugeot - what a heap of junk !
          Have had at least 3 peugeots and they have always been reliable and performed well.

I know some people seem to have bad examples, but it's never happened to me.

Clarkson seems to slag common all garden makes and laud rich mens cars.

Comment

I do think this model is too clever for its own good though. I love the look of the car and do enjoy driving it - just which I could switch off all the unnecessary electronics !

Comment

Just rang peugeot, £80 just to run a diagnostic check !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                Just rang peugeot, £80 just to run a diagnostic check !!!!
                Might be worth trying another Peugeot garage as most "Main dealers" are franchises and prices can vary quite a lot between different garages.

........Or just sell it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                  Might be worth trying another Peugeot garage as most "Main dealers" are franchises and prices can vary quite a lot between different garages.

........Or just sell it!
                  This is my number one option at the moment - dreading the next MOT !

Comment

Erm, did you not get the car checked out by a mechanic before you bought it? Doesn't the AA offer this service for a small fee?

Comment

Working...
                    X