• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another £50bn...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another £50bn...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8187360.stm

The Bank of England's rate-setters have decided to pump another £50bn of new money into the economy in their programme of quantitative easing.

They have spent £125bn so far in their attempts to stimulate the economy by putting more money into circulation.

Bank of England governor Mervyn King had to ask the chancellor's permission to extend the programme beyond £150bn.

The rate-setters also decided to keep interest rates unchanged at their historic low of 0.5% for a sixth month.

I love this brilliant New Labour economy.

We don't make anything, all our service industries are going east, but hey, we just print money and the recession is over.

How much is that as a proportion of all the money in circulation?

Comment

Anyway £175,000,000,000 is about £3000 each. Boomed.

Comment

Cheers gordon, I've just made a nice packet shorting the GBP/USD, will
        have an extra spliff tonight thanks to your handiwork .

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
          Cheers gordon, I've just made a nice packet shorting the GBP/USD, will
          have an extra spliff tonight thanks to your handiwork .
          Can you translate that please? You bet against the pound rising in the short term?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Can you translate that please? You bet against the pound rising in the short term?
            No betted it against falling as in recent days it went up quite high was due
            for a retracement down, but this news dropped it from 1.7030 to 1.6830 in
            a matter of minutes, my sell order kicked in at 1.7010 and sold the position
            at 1.6856

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
              No betted it against falling as in recent days it went up quite high was due
              for a retracement down, but this news dropped it from 1.7030 to 1.6830 in
              a matter of minutes, my sell order kicked in at 1.7010 and sold the position
              at 1.6856
              Nice work. Was thinking of doing something similar. Too late.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
              X