• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's going on????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on????

http://www.jobserve.co.uk/W58D927ADAECD4F91.jsjob

Is this the going rate these days?

What has our industry become

They can earn as much as £17/hour in Wales?

Comment

That must be why there called MAX20

Comment

Its pathetic. They are asking for skilled people. You would never see an accountant or solicitor working for such low rates.
        i think I've been in the game too long and my heads a bit dizzy...let me sit down...I'll be ok in a moment.

Comment

That one turned up in my RSS feed. I'm thing £17 an hour for someone with at leasst five year's senior process design expereince and an ITIL Manager's certificate that costs around £3500 to get... Yeah, right.

Two options. A numpty that is simply dividing a clerical officer's annual salary to get an hourly rate. Or a numpty that's looking to onshore the role becuase there's no locally available candidates.

And, of course, an agency that has no idea at all of the business they're in.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            That one turned up in my RSS feed. I'm thing £17 an hour for someone with at leasst five year's senior process design expereince and an ITIL Manager's certificate that costs around £3500 to get... Yeah, right.

Two options. A numpty that is simply dividing a clerical officer's annual salary to get an hourly rate. Or a numpty that's looking to onshore the role becuase there's no locally available candidates.

And, of course, an agency that has no idea at all of the business they're in.

Agreed but the agency have a pretty good handle on how much the NHS will pay.

Comment

I just had to get to the bottom of this. The reason the rate is so poor is that it is directly assimilated to the permy salary.
              Muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Munch View Post
                I just had to get to the bottom of this. The reason the rate is so poor is that it is directly assimilated to the permy salary.
                Muppets.
                Nah, they are using the extra 30 quid an hour they should be paying you towards their Christmas Party.

Nomadd
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Munch View Post

Muppets.
                  seen loads of NHS stuff advertised like this recently, also in the form Fixed Term contract, 12 months £26,729 - £29,391

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    They can earn as much as £17/hour in Wales?
                    Last I heard chap I was working with was getting £50 an hour in Wales, boring work though.

Comment

Working...
                    X