• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it fair to hold on to perm offer as insurance??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it fair to hold on to perm offer as insurance??

So I need tto tell the recruiter that I do not want the perm role

my question is do I do this earler or later

he will be pissed off. He go me more then I asked for and I am being a bit greedy but that is life

would you hold off signing the perm contract for as long as possible as insurance if the contract goes tits up at the risk of him being even more pissed

or do you just tell him now??

Oh FFS!

Ok whose is this?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      So I need tto tell the recruiter that I do not want the perm role

my question is do I do this earler or later

he will be pissed off. He go me more then I asked for and I am being a bit greedy but that is life

would you hold off signing the perm contract for as long as possible as insurance if the contract goes tits up at the risk of him being even more pissed

or do you just tell him now??
      Why would you give a fiddler's f@rt about the feelings of any recruiter? The self-serving barsteward has not exactly got you the post out of the goodness of his heart, has he? Do whatever is best for you if you really want to make it in business. If you are not comfortable with that then you are probably going to struggle as a contractor.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Why would you give a fiddler's f@rt about the feelings of any recruiter? The self-serving barsteward has not exactly got you the post out of the goodness of his heart, has he? Do whatever is best for you if you really want to make it in business. If you are not comfortable with that then you are probably going to struggle as a contractor.

HTH
        Well burning bridges and all that...

Comment

Plenty more bridges. Look after #1.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Don't worry about burning bridges. I reckon there must be a pimp for every candidate nowadays and they have really thick skins. They'll scream and shout and threaten you but clients demand candidates with specific skillsets. Agents just want to fill the role asap. We call them pimps because we're pros. Fresh meat's alway popular with the punters.

Comment

Working...
            X