• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay, I jacked it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, I jacked it

Been working for small firm near Hale for 18 months now, and they couldnt really afford me. Project so badly run that I was operating at 20%.
    I felt so guilty and unprofessional, it was making my life a misery. Getting complacent, working near home,losing my edge. etc etc

So I have been plotting. I got the two permies up to speed, then told them a year ago they didnt need me. Yesterday, I reminded them and said 'look you REALLY dont need me'

they said oki

For the first time in over a year I can really enjoy my ten pints and a chille con carne tonight

blissssss

in my next gig, I might be able to have a proper sh i te at work

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sounds like the result you were after, so congrats are in order
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Weird! I'd never talk myself out of a job especially in the current market.

Im pissed off with a 160 mile a day commute (used to be 4 days a week but the poor management need me to make it 5 days a week for the next month) but I dont want a role thats further from home, more hours and less pay so I'll stick with it thank you.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Been working for small firm near Hale for 18 months now, and they couldnt really afford me. Project so badly run that I was operating at 20%.
        I felt so guilty and unprofessional, it was making my life a misery. Getting complacent, working near home,losing my edge. etc etc

So I have been plotting. I got the two permies up to speed, then told them a year ago they didnt need me. Yesterday, I reminded them and said 'look you REALLY dont need me'

they said oki

For the first time in over a year I can really enjoy my ten pints and a chille con carne tonight

blissssss

Comment

Each to their own.

If it makes you happy, that's what counts.

I'll order another chill-box to go beside the bench to hold the extra beers we'll need to have in for you.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Each to their own.

I'll order another chill-box to go beside the bench to hold the extra beers we'll need to have in for you.
            If I put these pizza boxes in the bin that should make room.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Each to their own.

Yep. We finished all the champagne btw.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Comment

Well done EO.

Jobmarket is picking up fast - anyway if I were you Id just enjoy the rest of the Summer sans working - rates are whooshing up and by the Fall - we'll all live happily ever after.

Whatever you do - good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Well done EO.

Jobmarket is picking up fast - anyway if I were you Id just enjoy the rest of the Summer sans working - rates are whooshing up and by the Fall - we'll all live happily ever after.

Whatever you do - good luck !
                    merci Alfred.
                    I have this pipe dream. If the guy wants me so bad, he might pay a retainer and I can bum around for a year.
                    20k would do it for me.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X