• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is that smell coming from?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is that smell coming from?

It very faint, but in some parts of this place there is a smell. Sometimes, it’s like pee, sometime like rotten stuff. I can’t localise it.

Maybe one of my elderly neighbours has died or something.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

My brother moved into a flat and got central heating put in, then there was this god awful smell for a few months, they thought that a rat had died beside the pipes, then a person a few floors down had maggots coming through her roof and realised nobody had seen the old guy in 2B for 3 months.

Comment

We really need a better vomit smiley.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Check the drains. That happened to a mate recently and it turned out to be the drains in the restaurant next door.

Sometimes caustic soda is the answer.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Have you cleaned the chutney spoon recently?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

A flat where someone has died really stinks and that's after the body has gone and the council have been in to clean and fumigate.

Have you got any privet/box hedges around? They stink of cat's pee.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 7 August 2009, 12:05.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe I should put my dressing gown in the wash.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Clean your tub as well. and your belly button.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are you sure its not atw?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Are you sure its not atw?
                    WHS. You really should unlock the dungeon every once in a while HAB and let him go for a shower or something
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X