• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worlds best bar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worlds best bar

Inspired by a recollection of a night out in the FFF thread.

What/where is the best bar or club you've ever been to?

Best club - very close between Mobile Home in Sydney (Nye version of an actual club), Coogee beach Palace (legendary Sunday sessions) and one I went to in Moscow that was probably more a brothel than a club.

Best bar - too many to choose from.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

A pub/club on the outskirts of Joburg - forget the name, but it was most excellent, balcony outside, run-down decor inside, great music, good beer, good company, perfect weather and free pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Not quite a bar/club ...

But was in Cartagena in Columbia for the millennium, and went to a dance party at the Hiltons' private beach, which seemed to be entirely populated by the young, rich & beautiful international jetset brigade. Was very cool, and incredibly messy, biggest class A intake ever ...

But dunno, been loads of them. I knew the owner of the Home nightclubs, so getting VIP opening night passes to the Sydney and London ones are right up there ....

Turnmills in it's day, used to love the fridge, many many bars in NYC. Though that scene changes every 6 months.

Dunno in retrospect.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Best Club: Hacienda in Manchester, Bugged Out at Cream in Liverpool or Fabric in London (haven't been clubbing in years so no idea what they are like now).

Best Bar: not sure. lots.
          King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            free pizza.

I have 3, and they're all joint top cause I just can't decide between them, so I've put them North to South: -

1) Bar 42 - Newcastle
            2) The Borough - Sunderland
            3) The Nags Head - Manchester

Pretty much sums up how classy a chick I am
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I too could list quite a few exotic venues but I'd have to settle for the Red Lion at Kilmington (near Stourhead, Wilts) for its great beer, game pie and rustic charm.

Comment

Mulligans - Manchester
                Morning Star - Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Mulligans - Manchester
                  Have you actually turned into your lass now?

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Best clubs - Es Paradis (Ibiza) & Space (Ibiza)

Best pub - O'Donoghue's (Dublin)

Comment

Working...
                    X