• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent asking to contact Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent asking to contact Client

2 agencies submitted CV to Client. Agent 2 knew about duplicate CV and tells me to phone up a 'contact' at Client co to sort out CV submission.

Heard nothing from Agent 1 - I'm assuming, my CV is in Client's consideration. Is duplicate CV a probelm for Agent 2 or Client co?. Somethings not right here. What to expect? Grateful for your views. Thanks.

Is it agent telling you about the dups or did you tell agent?

If latter, do nothing, you only have both agents word that they submitted the CV's. They are pimps and pimps lie

If former, tricker, in theory should be first agent to submit CV to client, reality will be which client calls to to book interview with you (for whatever reasoning).

Really you should not be calling client direct (cannot believe agent actually gave you contact at client) but it's your personal choice and maybe you can turn it to your advantage by either sweet talking client into picking you early or by going with agency giving best rate/contract terms

Comment

NSW, great advice. Thanks. It was Agent 2 who phoned up telling me about dups.

They are pimps and pimps lie
      Very true. Thanks to pimps, I have become expert in doubting wider humanity. I suspect the 'contact' at Client co. could be a proxy of Agent 2 (I called the phone number and it goes to a lady's voice message). I would have given away too much had some one picked up the phone.

Comment

It's not about who submits your CV first, it's about who you choose to represent you.

This has happened to me before, and I simply sent an email to the first agent (blind copying in the 2nd) saying that I did not agree for him to represent me.

Then sent an email to the second saying that I DID agree for him to represent me.

Simples.
        (Ahhhh I love those meercats!!)
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Thanks SA. Thats a good idea. Probably end up doing the same if i get past the interview stage and offered the contract.
          Last edited by Joe Bloque; 7 August 2009, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
          X