• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The bench beckons...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bench beckons...

One week left. Nothing lined up. First time on bench in 18 months of contracting.

So i'll get the garden sorted and spend some time with the kids. To be honest 2 weeks with no work to worry about doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully things will pick up in September.

Yes, things do seem to be pointing that way. I've been on a really crap rate for over 1 year now but I'm going to get my CV circulating again 'cos I think things may start to happen in September.

Comment

I've now had nearly 3 months out (first time in 20 YEARS as a contractor) with not a sniff of any butty. I hope you are right about things picking up in september.

Comment

September time would work for me...

Current gig finishes early Sept with no certainty of an extension as I suspect the client will use cheaper resource to finish the implementation of the solution I've designed.

Failing that, I won't be too upset with a few weeks off and some half decent weather to sort out the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          I've now had nearly 3 months out (first time in 20 YEARS as a contractor) with not a sniff of any butty. I hope you are right about things picking up in september.
          Crikey 20 years. Should be nice to have time to spend on the yacht eh wot ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stolly View Post
            One week left. Nothing lined up. First time on bench in 18 months of contracting.

So i'll get the garden sorted and spend some time with the kids. To be honest 2 weeks with no work to worry about doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully things will pick up in September.
            Are you me?
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
              Are you me?
              Yes, i'm your other account. PM me your bank details so i can get us some money out.

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                Are you me?
                same here. End next Fri.
                Thinking of a few days at camber sands/rye and then may be a week in dorset with the family.
                Plan to do some windsurfing, go karting and golf.
                Also off to Chessington, Godstone Farm, fruit picking and the zoo (again).

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Yeah I'm planning on having the rest of August off..might hit the crags in the Peak District if I can find a rope holder
                  B00med!

Comment

I think you're right. We ll see a pickup in September. 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X