• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

investigated for speaking out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

investigated for speaking out

this judge is being given the rubber glove treatment for speaking out and saying what we all know

“hundreds and hundreds of thousands” of illegal immigrants were abusing the benefits system.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6739469.ece

for speaking out and saying what we all know
    Do we? I happen to know quite a few immigrants who are in jobs and contributing (via their taxes) to the economy. As it happens I'm not a supporter of the Govt policies, as we've condemned too many Brits to the dole or bench, but please don't spout tulip about migrants all being benefit cheats.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

liberal lefties eh

were talking about "illegal immigrants" stay awake, no wonder this country is in such a mess

Comment

“hundreds and hundreds of thousands” of illegal immigrants were abusing the benefits system.
        Anyone spot the contradiction in this? The last thing any (sensible) illegal immigrant does is claim benefit. Of course you could claim that those seeking asylum were abusing the system - but then if they get recognised as refugees they then work and pay their taxes. Can the OP provide any proof of "hundreds and hundreds of thousands"? I very much doubt it.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Illegal immigrants don't get benefits.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

HTH
            What I think you mean is that they don't get benefits if they haven't managed to get hold of a falsified work permit and false NI no. As most of us know these are very easy to get your hands provided you know a man who knows a man...

Comment

err they may not be entitled to benefits, but the fact that the govt is running around trying to stop them getting what they are not entitled to seems to indicate otherwise

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-u...legal-benefits

i think its obvious to anyone wishing to open their eyes that the benefits system is being abused

Comment

Fake identities are the passport to these claims surely ?

So yes, they can claim, and do.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

HTH

You are sooooooooooooooooooooo naive !!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                    err they may not be entitled to benefits, but the fact that the govt is running around trying to stop them getting what they are not entitled to seems to indicate otherwise

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-u...legal-benefits

i think its obvious to anyone wishing to open their eyes that the benefits system is being abused
                    That's just a government advert for ID cards. Not only that, it mostly focuses on people working illegally.

If your entire village has had to scrape together the 20K to pay some snakehead to ship you under the flooring of some truck halfway around the world. You really think that person is going to be down the job centre every tuesday for 30 quid a week.

Illegal immigration is NOT the big issue. It's the mass legal migration that you should be writing to the daily mail about.

Not that I think it's such a big deal to be honest. This article is merely Daily Mail w@nk fodder* for the hard of thinking.

*read it on a blog somewhere and will be passing it off as my own from now on.

Comment

Working...
                    X