• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it too much to ask?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it too much to ask?

I work hard. My customers demand it. I have to be thorough, clinical and exact in what I do. What I deliver must work, and meet the requirements. And it does.

So why oh f*****g why is it that when I try and run my business

The JungleDisk drive fails all the f****** time
    The wireless router fails all the f****** time
    The installation guide for JungleDisk is riddled with mistakes.

All the time I am met with mediocre half assed attempts from scumbag companies that churn out sh!te.

I am trying to run a f*****g business here, I pay money for service and equipment and goddam expect it to work at least 80% of the time. At the moment I am just a technical support rep for my own company, when I should be selling product.

FFS
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

the most painful part of being a contractor is working on your home IT 'stuff' having to solve problems, and not getting paid for it

I know the feeling

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I work hard. My customers demand it. I have to be thorough, clinical and exact in what I do. What I deliver must work, and meet the requirements. And it does.

So why oh f*****g why is it that when I try and run my business

The JungleDisk drive fails all the f****** time
      The wireless router fails all the f****** time
      The installation guide for JungleDisk is riddled with mistakes.

All the time I am met with mediocre half assed attempts from scumbag companies that churn out sh!te.

I am trying to run a f*****g business here, I pay money for service and equipment and goddam expect it to work at least 80% of the time. At the moment I am just a technical support rep for my own company, when I should be selling product.

FFS
      You are obviously not having a good day/week. Could you remain calm and just try to get these arses to fix or replace stuff? Trading Standards?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

to both

I shall relax and go at it another day. I find jobserve to be full of bollox and the pimps to be extra specially full of sh!te at the moment, so I want to be on the ball and be marketing to companies direct. I feel the pressure of needing to get this all kicked off, and get more and more fed up the more "trivial" equipment failures I have.

I seem to be

accounts clerk
        sales
        tech support
        consultant
        dogs body

I need to offload. Praps accountant man could actually earn his money rather than just put in 3 hours work every year end. Why am I doing my own expenses FFS?

The pimps are useless and I have an obligation to market my company so I have no problem with this one

If the kit I bought was anywhere near merchantable I would not even be having this chat. I am going to kick off big time on Monday with various vendors.

Comment

Fck the pimps. Oxygen thieves the lot of 'em.

Have a day off and get trashed (or whatever) amd you'll feel better.

Love,

Your Mum
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Fck the pimps. Oxygen thieves the lot of 'em.

Have a day off and get trashed (or whatever) amd you'll feel better.

Love,

Your Mum
            Thanks mum. See you down the offie tomorrow. Going to the shop first to get some rollies, then the bookies to lay a couple of lines. Got my giro see. I'll buy you a pint in the Dog and Bollock.

HTH

Comment

I did actually mean you should have a day off. Sorry
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I did actually mean you should have a day off. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X