• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you grew up in the 80s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you grew up in the 80s

RIP John Hughes

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/...-director-dies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxPoxxt7n0
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 8 August 2009, 18:17.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Who?

Oh, the Director of Home Alone and Weird Science.

Weird Science. Kelly LeBrock.

Back in 5
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Bagpuss.

Could you please change your avatar back to the saggy old cloth cat?

I find the disgusting turd with a BMW badge doesn't really engender a nice warm feeling.

Just a suggestion.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Breakfast club, Ferris Buellers day off, National Lampoons Vacation, Planes Trains and Automobiles
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I really liked The Breakfast Club ... damn shame really.
          The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

I remember that actor John Cusack wanted to get into either Sixteen Candles or was it Breakfast Club and missed out to Emillio Estevez (possibly his best role ever). Shame that Molly Ringwall and Judd Nelson didn't go stellar in the Hollywood scene after that, they had talent, most of those actors from Breakfast Club have been in B-Movie hell for decades.

John Hughes was an interesting chap, he apparently hated his school life and refused an award from his High School after all his American High School movies / teen movies received great success.

Shame he gave directing up / went on a sabatical for years and years.

Comment

The Breakfast Club isn't a great film but it's a good film. Eminently watchable all the same and I agee Judd Nelson had the talent to be a great actor as did to a lesser extent Emilio and Molly.

Comment

I haven't seen any of his films!
                - but doesn't look like I missed much.

I do like the song Pretty in pink by the psychedelic furs though
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I liked some of these movies (Breakfast Club would be my fave). Judd Nelson - ooh rather
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sixteen Candles, Molly Ringwald ... yummy.

Comment

Working...
                    X