• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I got news for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I got news for you?

Did anyone see it last night? Brian Blessed was the compere. Absolutely hilarious! I don't remember that show ever being "laugh out loud"; usually a grin or two at best, but last nights' had me in stitches.

BB was fantastic and transformed a tired rather stale show. They really should consider keeping him on.

The vegetarian option.

I didn't see it last night, but I did see that one when it was first broadcast in May 2008

Did you not think that the news they were talking about was a bit stale?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I didn't see it last night, but I did see that one when it was first broadcast in May 2008

Did you not think that the news they were talking about was a bit stale?
      Of course, I'm aware that this wasn't live TV, but my point was that BB was actually funny instead of being a sneering, pseudo-intellectual, pompous arse like so many of the "guest presenters", was very refreshing. He up-staged the "panel" time and time again and appeared to be thoroughly enjoying it.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

I saw that show when it was first shown and thought BB was funny, but only in a 'look at him he's mental' sort of way. If he was the host on a regular basis I think he would cease being funny and become very annoying in an very short time.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The one with Rolf Harris was good too - he had them all singing digereedoo or something. Even Paul Merton seemed genuinely impressed by the ozzie legend.

Comment

"Gordon's Alive?". Classic.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bizarrely, I remember Ann Widdecombe (sorry if spelling's wrong) being quite a good guest presenter. Agree Rolf was good, but I don't like the presenter to overshadow the panel too much.

Still not as good without Angus though.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes shame they got rid of Angus, it was his show really.

Hardly ever see him on TV lately. I wonder what's become of him.

Unlike the ubiquitous Stephen Fry who is starting to get on my nerves. You can't turn on the TV or radio without seeing/hearing him. About time the BBC found some new talent.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Yes shame they got rid of Angus, it was his show really.

Hardly ever see him on TV lately. I wonder what's become of him.
                  Wasn't there a scandal a while ago, involving prostitutes and coke?

Unlike the ubiquitous Stephen Fry who is starting to get on my nerves. You can't turn on the TV or radio without seeing/hearing him. About time the BBC found some new talent.
                  Can't abide the smug git, ever since he suggested raising taxes in 1997.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Wasn't there a scandal a while ago, involving prostitutes and coke?

Can't abide the smug git, ever since he suggested raising taxes in 1997.
                    Let he who is without sin, etc.

Of course the beeb got into a moral panic about it and sacked him at the behest of the tabloids. As many of the BBC execs are regularly coked of their faces (it is alleged) the hypocrisy is monumental.

And, oh yes, Mr Fry is the archetypal New Labour Luvie - even doing Party Political Broadcasts for them at one point. No wonder he's never off our screens.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X