• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Steed solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steed solutions

Does anyone else on here go through, or know anyone who goes through, this composite company.

It is one of the recommended umbrella/composite companies from the Contractor UK site, which I thought would be recommendation enough and it seemed a good option.

However, the level of service I have received so far has been quite slow, but more of a concern is that I have heard that although I won't be paying too much tax and it is all perfectly legal at the moment, I could be liable to repay the IR should they change the rulings in the future and they can backdate their claims.

Is this true?

If so, can I still go through a more run of the mill umbrella company even though I have mailed them an application form?

They have also received my contract and are just updating one of the clauses before signing it and returning it on my behalf.

Flinty, suggest you repost this question in the Accounts section. Dozens of people have been asking similar questions recently and you are likely to get short shrift in the more cut and thrust general section.

In a nutshell, yes. Tax schemes can be retrospectively ruled out of order back to December 2004.

Comment

Cheers

Have done that now!

Comment

Working...
      X