• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter trying to invoice for perm job not taken!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiter trying to invoice for perm job not taken!!

Ok so was doing a bit of window shopping and decided against taking a perm job and holding out a bit longer

this was at the final stage. The recruiter is obviously pissed and is now trying to say he intends to charge me for wasted time

is this legal? I did not sign anything so I can't imagine it would be

No, but get him to do it anyway. Then see him in court.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I would have just laughed at him.

Tell him to do one.

Comment

There is no way this could be enforced. While you may have wanted the role before the interview, you are free to reject it. There are a million and one reasons why ypu might decide to reject the role. I wouldn't tell the agent that you never had any intention of taking the job though.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          There is no way this could be enforced. While you may have wanted the role before the interview, you are free to reject it. There are a million and one reasons why ypu might decide to reject the role. I wouldn't tell the agent that you never had any intention of taking the job though.
          Th problem on my part is that I verbally accepted the role

I hate recruiters as much as any one else but I do like to keep them happy so they can get you new roles.

This has shaken me a bit. I don't think I can ever touch base with the recruiter in my life again

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMcadden1 View Post
            Ok so was doing a bit of window shopping and decided against taking a perm job and holding out a bit longer

this was at the final stage. The recruiter is obviously pissed and is now trying to say he intends to charge me for wasted time

is this legal? I did not sign anything so I can't imagine it would be
            Invoice him for wasted time, with administration fee.

Comment

Don't worry about it. Recruitment agencies trawl the local asylum for potential recruits. I had one making threats and abusive language to me by email once for an agency affiliated to REC. He even made silent phone calls and tried ringing up with a withheld number to extract information from me about people that he could contact to presumably make malicious comments to. I didn't dare answer the door for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
                Don't worry about it. Recruitment agencies trawl the local asylum for potential recruits. I had one making threats and abusive language to me by email once for an agency affiliated to REC. He even made silent phone calls and tried ringing up with a withheld number to extract information from me about people that he could contact to presumably make malicious comments to. I didn't dare answer the door for a week.
                Should of had `em for harrassment.

Comment

You could probably get trading standards onto him for extortion.

Tell him that anyway and he will shut up quick enough.

Comment

Be more worried about your maths question. It's about a hundred times more important. And still "not very".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X