• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pants Job of the Day: technie under £10 per hourr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants Job of the Day: technie under £10 per hourr

Have we had one of these yet today? Anyway:

Systems Administrator - Contract

PURPOSE OF JOB:
    To ensure the administration, functionality and secure set up of all IT systems supporting operational processes.

MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES:
    ii) To undertake all aspects of system administration (eg logins for users, security framework; workflow; standard outputs; code tables and system parameters).
    iii) To participate in the project management, testing, implementation and configuration of upgrades and hot fixes.
    v) To interpret specifications for enhancements produced by suppliers, offer feedback and advice on suitability for implementation.
    vi) To provide advice to users on data security issues in order to maintain data integrity.

CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
    To devise complex SQL reports to provide management information as required
    Development of appropriate project plans to support main tasks and duties.
    To help users of IT systems in a supportive manner and to devise and deliver appropriate training, both general and targeted, for staff countywide.

KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
    Educated to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
    A high degree of experience in the administration of information systems and the use of software in extracting data from systems

Location Lincoln
    Duration 7 months
    Rate £9.89 /Hour
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Are pimps actively touting us out as 'cheap as chips' or are they victims of the market too?

I had a chat with a pimp after he offered £15ph for a gig that was 80 miles from my front door, I told him that I have fixed costs and that sort of rate just isn't viable for someone who has to commute or stay away, I bid him good luck in finding someone who lives close by as no-one else could possibly afford to do it.

He said he’d not thought of it like that.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"To devise complex SQL reports to provide management information as required"

select * from TABLE
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        "To devise complex SQL reports to provide management information as required"

select * from TABLE
        If you want joins it's another two quid an hour
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

1. It's more than NMW
          2. We should be blimming thankful that it's been advertised locally in the UK and not abroad.
          3. Stop moaning.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            1. It's more than NMW
            2. We should be blimming thankful that it's been advertised locally in the UK and not abroad.
            3. Stop moaning.
            WHS. They could get Bob Shawadiwadi to screw it up for them for half the price.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              WHS. They could get Bob Shawadiwadi to screw it up for them for half the price.
              What's the betting it's one of those phantom jobs that'll end up being filled by Bob anyway?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
              X