• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Before Alien there was...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before Alien there was...

A prequel?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/03/alien_prequel/

Ms Weaver must be getting a bit long in the tooth for another appearance as Ripley...

Well thank God Ridley Scott is involved.

The original film was brilliant, but all the sequels were utter, utter crap.

Ms Weaver is definitely a bit too old to appear as the same character in a prequel - unless they are going to do some lame time-travel gimmick.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I rather preferred 2 to the first one to be honest.

Especially the Special Edition with the robot guns...

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
      Definitely one of the best bits of the movie - can't believe they cut it out of the original release.

Comment

Agreed. I think having Ridley Scott on board to produce/direct at least guarantees you a well worked and researched plotline.
        Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I rather preferred 2 to the first one to be honest.

Especially the Special Edition with the robot guns...

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
          2???

Ah! you've got to be kidding. The full Hollywood treatment. US Marines in space, with big guns, and lots of 'attitude'. It was lame, corny shyte.

The spookiness and the suspense of the original was brilliant. It was about something extraordinary and terrifying happening in a mundane, run of the mill situation (well, not exactly run of the mill now, but in the future).

I can watch Alien (1) over and over, I cannot bear to watch any of the sequels.
          Last edited by bogeyman; 10 August 2009, 13:05. Reason: keeping the spelling nazis happy

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Nah.

I really do prefer it...
            Yeah but then you like Southern Comfort too.

Comment

I don't know what it is about Ridley Scott films, but I find them boring. Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator - none of them can hold my interest.

Aliens is a scifi classic.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                2???

I can watch Alien (1) over and over, I cannot bare to watch any of the sequels.
                bear
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  I cannot bare to watch any of the sequels.

That's Ok, just watch them with your clothes on
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Me and the misses have watched Alien 2 over & over, but we are into our action movies more than suspense. Alien 1 definately the best constructed movie, but not as re-watchable.

Love Alien vs Predator 1 & 2 yes pretty trashy / predictable. Still fun though.

"take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                    X