• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you go to snoop on what working at a client is like??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you go to snoop on what working at a client is like??

How do people assess what a new contract role is like??

I ve taken a look at glassdoor and tried googling my new boss with little joy

what do you guys do to get a feel for the new role you are about tom commit too

I quite often visit the client from 9 to 5 and sit there taking it all in. I often perform some tasks for them but I make sure i invoice them.
    This process typically takes 3 months or longer.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I got asked if I smoked beacause they said their company had a policy of not hiring smokers. Gave me the impression they were a bunch of c**cksuckers hell bent on control freakery. But hey, I got the gig and haven't had a puff since!! And guys... yes, my initial premise was correct!!

Comment

I generally turn up for the interview

HTH
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Just turning up on the first day without even a telephone interview worked quite well too, it must be said.

Though I didn't end up working on what the pimp said I'd be doing.
          Been there, done that too
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Have a look at their website - is it like Dilbert without humour?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Have a look at their website - is it like Dilbert without humour?
              So a bit like Dilbert then?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

What about the air vents?, you should have a good view from there.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Payload Bollington View Post
                    I got asked if I smoked beacause they said their company had a policy of not hiring smokers. Gave me the impression they were a bunch of c**cksuckers hell bent on control freakery. But hey, I got the gig and haven't had a puff since!! And guys... yes, my initial premise was correct!!
                    Was that Axios by any chance? I had an interview there and they made a big deal about that cos the CEO is a rabid anti smoker (the entire place seemed revolve about the CEO/owner and it seemed to be more of a lifestyle choice rather than a job). The funny thing was the office was next door to the russian consulate i think it was and, according to the interviewer, the guys who worked there smoked like troopers at the front door.

Comment

Working...
                    X