• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

Telegraph: Street beggars on £200-a-night
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Probably better use of bench time than a Plan B.

Comment

If you are a Guardianista and feel a pang of good ol' middle-class guilt, simply offer to buy them a coffee or burger - if they refuse and want the money, just walk on.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        If you are a Guardianista and feel a pang of good ol' middle-class guilt, simply offer to buy them a coffee or burger - if they refuse and want the money, just walk on.
        I've done that and was told they want the money. Had a mate who was asked by a beggar for money or a job: he offered him a job and was told to eff off.

Comment

Yeah expat, I even bought a coffee for some guy and he said thank you, then asked if I had any money I could give him.

Bastard.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

A beggar asked me for any loose change, all teh change I had was 10p so I gave it to him, and he tutted and called me a cheap bastard. Now I dont give them anything

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I've done that and was told they want the money. Had a mate who was asked by a beggar for money or a job: he offered him a job and was told to eff off.
              A builder I knew was asked for a job. When he said "Aye, get down this hole and start digging", they soon backed off. They wanted an office or driving job.

What really annoys me about beggars is when having given some cash, the beggar next to him demands the same. Sorry, but he didn't do whatever it was that persuaded me to stop and reach into my pockets.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

It's another example of rubbish journalism.

On a good Friday or Saturday night some can make up to £200
                and

which adds up to £73,000 for 365 days of the year
                Its like us multiplying our daily rate by 365 and claiming that's how much we earn.

Comment

im sure the corp tax is getting them tho......

Comment

Some beggars in the Paris Métro have a nice spiel where they say that they are begging because they need money, but they prefer to ask for it rather than rob people for it. Most people realise that the second option is being vaguely left open.

Comment

Working...
                    X