• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Micro boom..................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro boom..................

Extension till end of next June awarded to me today. Disappointingly, a 15% cut in rate though. I've been waiting a couple of months for this to come through and the cut is an unwelcome surprise, but at least I'm in work now until hopefully things pick up mid-next year.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Extension till end of next June awarded to me today. Disappointingly, a 15% cut in rate though. I've been waiting a couple of months for this to come through and the cut is an unwelcome surprise, but at least I'm in work now until hopefully things pick up mid-next year.
    Micro congrats to you.

Remember to feel free to dump them 85% of the way through the contract should the market improve and you get a better one.

Comment

Whats your notice period?

I got extended last april until end of March 2010.

Unfortunately there were big financial cut backs a couple of months later which meant I got my 4 weeks notice. So my years extension only turned out to be 3 months.

Do you know if the budget that covers your contract is ring fenced for the whole year.

My last place used to raise the renewal paperwork for a year to save having to do it every 3 months, but the budgets still worked to a 3 month cycle.

Comment

Thanks, things seem to have gone into a summer hibernation even more deeply than usual this year in process engineering contracting scene otherwise I would have seriously dumped the contract over the cut and moved on. Last night, a trawl of the web revealed zero contracts. I've never acheived that result before. Usually things are at least bumping along the bottom, currently it seems deader thanm a dead thing. Plan A is to stick with this now and see how it goes. Cash has been released from the client till July next year but it has a big label attached to the bag of money that says "cost control is the #1 priority". Ho hum.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

PRC1964, may I ask you a question ?

your av looks like a testicle wearing glasses, taking a spermatazoa for a walk. Is the ball short or long sghted, or are they reading glasses ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Congratulations
              Ta.

Comment

Working...
              X