• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transferring large amounts of money query?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring large amounts of money query?

I need to transfer money from one country to another. Does transferring large amounts, over 20k euro raise any eyebrows. (It's not a problem whether anyone asks really)

What are the forums opinions?

I like to take a big carrier bag of used notes through customs, it's more exciting.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

€20K

Chickenfeed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        €20K

Chickenfeed.

That wouldn't feed my chickens for a morning.

threaded
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

No, I move that amount over every once in a while, never had a problem in the slightest.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
            I need to transfer money from one country to another. Does transferring large amounts, over 20k euro raise any eyebrows. (It's not a problem whether anyone asks really)

What are the forums opinions?
            It doesn't necessarily raise any eyebrows - there are plenty of companies and individuals that have to transfer money between countries, but whoever you use will need to do the full Know Your Customer checks before they will take your money.

They will also have to be on the watch for potentially suspicious behaviour with your transactions.

15,000 Euro always used to be the threshold that they would start taking an interest in. I don't know if that amount has changed in the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              €20K

Chickenfeed.

Yes. Nobody will bat an eyelid at that.

Unless you do it in cash, in which case expect:

On the plus side, you will be able to get a better exchange rate from the banks on that size of trade.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I paid £27K in cash into a uk bank. I had to declare its origin (repayment of loan to relatives - of course, the question of where they got it from wasn't posed). Once in the uk bank, I transferred it abroad. Again, I had to declare why I was making the transfer (Because I want it in my Swiss bank). No problems.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Transfer out of Liechtenstein? Yes, it's about time. But where to?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Transfer out of Liechtenstein? Yes, it's about time. But where to?
                    hehe... thats a fair cop guv. Such bad timing!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X