• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Mobile

I'm thinking of spending a small amount of cash on a car. Small = <£2000.

What's the best option people can think of in terms of make / model?

Volvo's scoring surprisingly highly at the moment.

What are your requirements?

Typical user - vague.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      What are your requirements?Typical user - vague.

Car should be basic - I'm "brand/fuel/mileage agnostic".

Not estate car, and under £2000 in cost.

Comment

You should be able to pick up an average mileage 2001/2002 Focus for that sort of money.

Cheap to fix, fun to drive and if you go for a 1.6 it won't sting you very badly for fuel consumption or insurance.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If it's just a runaround you need, how about a SMART car?

Comment

Honda Civic

Plenty of low mileage, regularly serviced, 1 elderly female owner examples around

Failing that then get a Porsche
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Honda Civic

Plenty of low mileage, regularly serviced, 1 elderly female owner examples around

Failing that then get a Porsche
              What he said!

I got one I bought a few years back (Only use it for shuttling around kids, driving around in London isn't my idea of fun), probably worth under 2k now and it's rock solid - never has any issues, surprisingly large boot space and great mileage.

I'm not into cars, I just want something functional that does what I want it to, and doesn't break down, and I couldn't ask for better than the honda.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                What he said!

I got one I bought a few years back (Only use it for shuttling around kids, driving around in London isn't my idea of fun), probably worth under 2k now and it's rock solid - never has any issues, surprisingly large boot space and great mileage.

I'm not into cars, I just want something functional that does what I want it to, and doesn't break down, and I couldn't ask for better than the honda.
                Made in Swindon.

Makes yer proud dunnit?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Made in Swindon.

Makes yer proud dunnit?
                  Makes you think how come we seem so good at building other countries cars ...
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Makes you think how come we seem so good at building other countries cars ...
                    I blame Thatcher.

Comment

Working...
                    X