• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Boy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Boy!

Dunno if anyone will be interested anymore, but I've just managed to change my avatar to a pic of my boy.

He's seven weeks old now, and I think the shock is starting to subside! I am shattered and contented in turns; had no idea how it would be, but I am now queen of multi tasking....

Love him to bits though so I s'pose that's a step in the right direction! Thanks all for your kind words through the pregnancy.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

He's lovely. Congratulations.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Wicked news!

He really is a cutie, I bet you are as proud as can be. Knackering stuff though eh?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Wicked news!

He really is a cutie, I bet you are as proud as can be. Knackering stuff though eh?
        Knackering, yes. I am slightly paranoid that people secretly wonder what's so shattering, given that I'm not working again yet! If I'm not feeding him I'm prepping bottles or changing nappies or putting washing on or changing my own baby vom soaked clothes, etc etc! I am determined to keep the house clean and my nails manicured also though, so am probably not making it easy for myself.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Aren't you supposed to pixilate photos of children so we can't kidnap them by TCP/IP, or FTP or something?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Aren't you supposed to pixilate photos of children so we can't kidnap them by TCP/IP, or FTP or something?

That did occur to me yes, but then I realised I dunno what any of that means so figured it would be fine. Plus, you'd have to get past me first.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              That did occur to me yes, but then I realised I dunno what any of that means so figured it would be fine. Plus, you'd have to get past me first.
              Sorry, I was being sarcastic (or some word similar in meaning to that).

So many news web sites pixelate babies' faces and for the life of me, I cannot think why.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Knackering, yes. I am slightly paranoid that people secretly wonder what's so shattering, given that I'm not working again yet! If I'm not feeding him I'm prepping bottles or changing nappies or putting washing on or changing my own baby vom soaked clothes, etc etc! I am determined to keep the house clean and my nails manicured also though, so am probably not making it easy for myself.
                If anyone claims it's not knackering they are lying.

It's great that you're enjoying it. I loved every minute of being at home with my babies. I still work from home most of the time to be near the family.

The good news is that he will eventually learn to sleep through the night/go to the loo/get dressed by himself.

The bad news is that the little buggers grow up and think they have the right to their own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  So many news web sites pixelate babies' faces and for the life of me, I cannot think why.
                  I just assume they must be very ugly.

Comment

Congrats!

I'm just please he doesn't look like me, that'd have been difficult to explain away. Also having this microphone sewn to your hadn really starts to chafe after a while

Comment

Working...
                    X