• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make a quick buck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a quick buck

How to make a profit on negative equity

Get your own back on the banks.
    I'm alright Jack

So the lender just forgets about the $100,000 shortfall?

They must have different rules over there.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

In the UK, they reposses, sell the house for 1p at auction and then pursue you personally for the balance, forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again.

In the US, you hand your keys in and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In the UK, they reposses, sell the house for 1p at auction and then pursue you personally for the balance, forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again.

In the US, you hand your keys in and walk away.

Bankruptcy seems to be the new craze in this country, seems an easy way for a lot of people to wipe out their debts.

Comment

forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again.
          Not from what i saw on a recent programme.

Guy on there was banrupt 3yrs ago and did a "credit repair" for 12 months - i.e taking out small amounts of credit, repaying early etc. and he actually got a better mortgage offer than a person who had no adverse credit history (but admittedly little credit history).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            In the UK, they reposses, sell the house for 1p at auction and then pursue you personally for the balance, forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again....
            Unless you've paid for indemnity insurance. In which case they reposses, sell the house for 1p at auction and then the insurance companypursues you personally for the balance, forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Unless you've paid for indemnity insurance. In which case they reposses, sell the house for 1p at auction and then the insurance companypursues you personally for the balance, forcing you to declare yourself a bankrupt and never get credit again...
              who sell it on to local heavies who pursue you with dodgy, if not illegal, interpretations of the law

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                Bankruptcy seems to be the new craze in this country, seems an easy way for a lot of people to wipe out their debts.
                Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                Not from what i saw on a recent programme.

Guy on there was banrupt 3yrs ago and did a "credit repair" for 12 months - i.e taking out small amounts of credit, repaying early etc. and he actually got a better mortgage offer than a person who had no adverse credit history (but admittedly little credit history).
                Wouldn't this be the "bankruptcy lite" that was introduced a while ago. I thought that proper bankrupts had to wait seven years before they were allowed to borrow properly again?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Wouldn't this be the "bankruptcy lite" that was introduced a while ago. I thought that proper bankrupts had to wait seven years before they were allowed to borrow properly again?
                  Nope - full bankrupcy not the under £15k debt releif order....

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                    Nope - full bankrupcy not the under £15k debt releif order....
                    It seems that even bankruptcy is not what it used to be...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X