• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandelbum on R4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandelbum on R4

Anyone hear the interview this morning. The bloke is a patronising piece of shit who devalues the ermine he wears.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Anyone hear the interview this morning. The bloke is a patronising piece of shit who devalues the ermine he wears.

Yeah, I could only tolerate a minute or so before I had to change to a different station. Nauseating.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

There is a solution
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

He devalues oxygen

Comment

On Radio Five as well, and ten minutes of waffle amounted to this.

Interviewer: Unemployment is worse than you inherited from the Tories.

Mandelson: It would be even worse if the Tories were in power.

Interviewer: Why aren't all these apprenticeship schemes getting young people into work?

Mandelson: We have implemented hundreds of thousands of apprenticeship schemes.

Comment

The problem is you have a left wing government being interviewed by a media organisation with a left wing bias. They are obviously going to let him get away with that.

For example

"Interviewer: Unemployment is worse than you inherited from the Tories.

Mandelson: It would be even worse if the Tories were in power."

Why didn't they press him on that? There is no proof to what he said as it is simply him speculating. To simply say that it would be worse under another party has nothing to do with the fact that it is bad under his, after the longest period of growth in our history, yet we have no money to see us through the curent mess. It's a good job we have those printing presses though!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              He devalues oxygen
              Well, that is an example of the quality of left-wing economic expertise that got us into this mess.

In reality, the queen of darkness consumes oxygen contributing to aggregate demand and thereby increasing it's value.

"He is a oxygen thief", would be a better thing to say.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Why didn't they press him on that?
                To be fair to Evan Davies, he tried to. Mandelscum being who he is completely patronised and talked over him.

He's such a throbber and represents NL at it's worst...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  To be fair to Evan Davies, he tried to. Mandelscum being who he is completely patronised and talked over him.

He's such a throbber and represents NL at it's worst...
                  The fact that he let him talk over him shows that he is a bad interviewer. He should have stopped him and asked him again. It amazes me how he has managed to get to where he is without anybody voting for him and given everything he's been caught doing.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Mandy

Ok so let me get this right,

First he resigned from government owing to interest free loans to buy houses, then he resigns becuase he was greasing passports for the Hindujas, so he buggars off to Europe then comes back to the UK in a new position to suit him and receives a life peerage.

It really sets a brilliant example for the troops.

Its a joke.
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X