• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restaurant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Recommendation

can anybody recommend a good restaurant to impress in either Cologne or surrounding area?

yes, i can and am looking on t'internet but a recommendation is always useful
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    can anybody recommend a good restaurant to impress in either Cologne or surrounding area?

yes, i can and am looking on t'internet but a recommendation is always useful
    Chef, why are most of your posts about food
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I was thinking this.

chef and food. I reckon there's a link.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Chef, why are most of your posts about food
        I do think about food A LOT, although to look at me most people must think I have some sort of eating disorder considering im thin but always talk about and am snacking on food..

EDIT: Im no chef though, i like experimenting in the kitchen but Im sure there are other's on here who are far more talented. I think I was a restaurant critic in previous life.. hmm maybe a plan b idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I was thinking this.

chef and food. I reckon there's a link.
          It's obvious innit? A bit like recruitment agency and job.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

EDIT: Im no chef though, i like experimenting in the kitchen but Im sure there are other's on here who are far more talented. I think I was a restaurant critic in previous life.. hmm maybe a plan b idea.
            Critic yes, running a restaurant or being Chef - No (been there, done the chef thing, worked the ridiculous hours for no money, went back to my old job)

If only it was that easy to get a critic job.

p.s check the European Michelin guide
            Last edited by norrahe; 12 August 2009, 13:55.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              p.s check the European Michelin guide
              I just have

the Vendome restaurant looks very impressive.. part of the Schloss Hotel

gf chef is now p!ssed off as she was planning a surprise and going to The Vision restaurant in the Water Tower hotel..

Comment

I just have

the Vendome restaurant looks very impressive.. part of the Schloss Hotel

gf chef is now p!ssed off as she was planning a surprise and going to The Vision restaurant in the Water Tower hotel..
                Tag Chef!

The Wasserturm is outstanding - and British-built! Spent 4 nights there exactly a year ago. Would have been the perfect away trip were it not for German pikeys stealing Mrs L_S's handbag in Koeln Zoo while she looked after the baby. The restaurant is very good and the little bar for pre/post prandials is outstanding. However, the dining room is pretty big, with a very high ceiling so it can seem quite quiet, even when most of the tables are occupied.

Comment

I take it there is no German equivalent of the oxo tower that you could take her up?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    I take it there is no German equivalent of the oxo tower that you could take her up?
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X