• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The lunatics are running the asylum part 94

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lunatics are running the asylum part 94

Our rubbish is now only collected every 2 weeks. We have flies buzzing round the bin despite carefully double-bagging food rubbish. If they give rise to maggots before the collection next week, I'm taking it to the council to show them.

The leaflet telling us so was available in Afghani and Somali, as well as the usual Urdu, Vietnamese, etc. Must get spending priorities right.

I like the way it's the stuff rotting that is attracting the flies, so the solution is to put it into 2 bin bags which don't! How does that help the environment?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Our rubbish is now only collected every 2 weeks. We have flies buzzing round the bin despite carefully double-bagging food rubbish. If they give rise to maggots before the collection next week, I'm taking it to the council to show them.
      We have to pay someone now to come round after the binmen and clean our bin out because since they went to fortnightly collections our bin gets full of maggots. Even though we bag everything two weeks is just too long in the summer to go between collections. At least all our instructions are still in English.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

lucky you are born, im tellin ya

in Manchester we dont get instructions and have 1 bin between 6 apartments

in Munich we get 4 bins inside the house and 6 bins outside along with instructions in German with a lot of CAPITAL letters, red writing and !!! with lots of different pricing structures for the fines I will invariably clock up due to not being fluent in Bayerish German.. yet
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If you have the time and the inclination you might enjoy taking bags of rubbish over to the council offices and shoving them in their bins.

Who knows, they may develop their own maggot problem.

However:

1) They may have trouble distinguishing between the maggots and the councillors.

2) They probably don't have to wait two weeks for their rubbish collection.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Wouldn't it be easier and less unpleasant just to get a waste disposal unit next to your kitchen sink?

That and rinsing out empty tins should cut down the smell etc to practically zero.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Do the maggots eat their way through the bin-bags?

Also, how do you people get maggots, what are you throwing away? When we manage to forget a weekly collection, our bin doesn't suddenly start attracting flies and I've never seen a single maggot.

Good British ingenuity though, making money doing a bin-cleaning round.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Do the maggots eat their way through the bin-bags?

Also, how do you people get maggots, what are you throwing away? When we manage to forget a weekly collection, our bin doesn't suddenly start attracting flies and I've never seen a single maggot.

Good British ingenuity though, making money doing a bin-cleaning round.
                Eastern European

Comment

I pour thick bleach round the top of the bin rim when it is empty, it trickles down.

Result, bin smells clean and no flies or maggots.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    ... how do you people get maggots, what are you throwing away?
                    Fish guts. Phew

Comment

Working...
                    X