• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

franchises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

franchises

Working on my plan B after listening to the advice of MilanBenes. Anyone considered franchises as a plan B? If so, which ones? I'm quite tempted by a bit of wheelie bin cleaning myself...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Ice cream van. One of very few jobs where your customers are always pleased to see you.

Comment

nice one - like your thinking...

although you could probably say the same for running a bunch of strippers.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Ice cream van. One of very few jobs where your customers are always pleased to see you.
        Ice cream van. One of very few jobs where your competitors will bring you a free gallon of petrol, even if you don't need it. Scary

Ratewhore - it you send me a tenner I'll think up an idea for you.

Comment

Originally posted by datestamp
          Ice cream van. One of very few jobs where your competitors will bring you a free gallon of petrol, even if you don't need it. Scary

What you do is scatter some bubble gum from the screwballs on the ground around your van. Your assailant will slip over them and be rendered harmless.

Comment

Become a driving instructor for a franchise like BSM.

Buy Noddy's car and call yourself Mary. What a wonderful life that would be.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Teaching middle aged, nervous adults to drive could be very rewarding.

Teaching 17 year old, glue sniffing, gangsta rap lads to drive could be a total nightmare, for all but the very thick skinned, or foolhardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Aye Lucifier

Drug dealing and prostitution also springs to mind.

Unlike Tax Inspectors and Dentists.

Comment

i subscribed to a franchise magazine to get ideas and see if there was anything worth replicating under a slightly different guise, failing that actually going for a franchise itself

after reading the into this the frachise that really caught my eye was Pirtek

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                    nice one - like your thinking...

although you could probably say the same for running a bunch of strippers.

That's my idea, Strippers serving Ice cream from a van!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X