• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Market

It's gone nuts in the last week.

There have been about 20 roles (real ones) for my niche job in the last week, when normaly there are only a handful.

Has this happened for everyone else too? Or are some areas still treading water?
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

There have been about 20 roles (real ones) for my niche job in the last week, when normaly there are only a handful.

Has this happened for everyone else too? Or are some areas still treading water?
    Treading water??

Treading the bottom of the bloody ocean.

Comment

Yeah, was like that for me. I ended up taking one with a crap rate until it gets better.....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Ah sorry guys

I didn't know whether to say anything or not - does it help knowing that other areas are picking up? Probably not eh?

Surely it's a good sign though?

x x x
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

I don't know what's going on here, but I'm only casually looking (my job is secure here), and I'm being inundated with serious offers this and last week. And - following our previous banter - all of them from my LinkedIn profile, curiously. I must be doing something right. Niche skillset too.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Just as Ive been predicting Sally - Happy Days are Here Again !

Take your pick of the contracts and remember to get that Top Rate (oh you see Ive got a couple of offers on the table - is that the best rate you can do ? ) - we'll be laughing all the way to the Bank.

The only cloud on the horizon could be more competition from permies as they see their chance of escape - also 'budget rate' contractors who will jump like Mexican Beans as soon as they sniff a better rate.

Pay Peanuts you get .... Mexican Beans
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 August 2009, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Yeah, was like that for me. I ended up taking one with a crap rate until it gets better.....
              And me, 3 months later with my mortgage on interest only and my overdraft tipping 5k I’m still waiting...
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've had to order 3x special heavy duty sh1ttie sticks in order to beat off the hordes of agents beating down my door with mind blowing offers.

Honest like.

Comment

still dead in test management land.....

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    I'll take a crap rate, and I'll work anywhere.

I applied for one in Algeria, which I would otherwise never do, since Al Quaeda in North Africa is set to kill more Westerners.

That contract in London the other week, on < £200 a day, that I ridiculed on here? I applied for that too.

Not even a phone interview for either.

Comment

Working...
                    X