• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My "Personal Assessment course" - looks like I might be joining Milan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "Personal Assessment course" - looks like I might be joining Milan

Two days of psychological tests (which were fun), in an attempt to decide which direction to go for a Plan B / escape from the world of agents etc.

Still waiting for the final results, but initial feedback told me I ain't a salesman (I knew that already), and I'm ideally suited to join Milan doing tape backups and .net. I've a strong suspicion that they have a client in mind here...

So it might be .net, here we come

Has anyone else done one of these personal assessment jobbies? I was surprised how accurate some of the results from seemingly pointless tests were.
    Last edited by Sysman; 13 August 2009, 11:10.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

2 days of tests and they told you to be a tape monkey?

Is that not a bit worrisome....?
    Bored.

Comment

Time to gear up for retirement. If the dosh is good enough, why not? I have been known to sweep floors at fifty quid an hour. Or post drivel here and other places at more than that
      Last edited by Sysman; 13 August 2009, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Two days of psychological tests (which were fun), in an attempt to decide which direction to go for a Plan B / escape from the world of agents etc.

Still waiting for the final results, but initial feedback told me I ain't a salesman (I knew that already), and I'm ideally suited to join Milan doing tape backups and .net. I've a strong suspicion that they have a client in mind here...

So it might be .net, here we come

Has anyone else done one of these personal assessment jobbies? I was surprised how accurate some of the results from seemingly pointless tests were.
        sounds like fun.

Where do you get this done? Online?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          sounds like fun.

Where do you get this done? Online?
          It's not online. It's an experimental thing my local social services are doing, so I thought why not?

Comment

It's not online. It's an experimental thing my local social services are doing, so I thought why not?
            So I have to move into your living room in order to try it.

Would that be worth it?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              So I have to move into your living room in order to try it.

Would that be worth it?
              Nope. We ain't talking about the UK social services. PM sent.

Comment

I have been known to sweep floors at fifty quid an hour.
                if its cash in hand I'll be there
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  if its cash in hand I'll be there
                  Heh, heh. 'Twas back in the days when I did full server room installations, supervising electricians, aircon installers and hardware engineers, then did the software bit and training myself. Fun days, and very well paid...

Comment

I remember doing something like a personality test when I was younger.

They didn't find one.

Actually, it was something like INTJ or some such nonsense.

I thought they meant "Integer" or something, and have based my life on ensuring I am a whole number, and not fractional or contain a decimal component.

Funny old world...
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X