• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V Festival 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V Festival 2009

Will be going next weekend and really don't know what to expect as I am a 'festival virgin'!

Will be camping with friends and have never camped either so would welcome any advice regarding practicalities from anyone who has also camped at a festival.

i.e. what to/not to take, clothing, timings etc.
    (For example, I presume you don't bother with jim jams and end up kipping in what you are wearing).

Initial thoughts are that I will need:

Tent (sorted)
    Sleeping bag (to buy - recommendations welcome)
    Air bed to protect my dodgy back (to buy)
    Fold up chair/stool (sorted)
    Small stove for tea (sorted)
    One change of clothes
    Wellies (to buy)
    Toiletries

the other half is doing that one too. the last time i went to a festival (hyde park thing with clapton, the who and suchlike) i recall they took all the drink off everybody before they were allowed in. people were frantically trying to drink it rather than lose it.

after wandering round and finally selecting a spot to rest our weary bottoms on (about half a mile from the stage) i found myself looking at the group in fromt of us. they were in a circle passing round foodstuffs. one chap looked decidedly worse for wear - lolling head, green pallour and akimbo limbs. he wearily opened his eyes, glanced at me and released a vast amount brown slurry type vomit all over himself. nobody else noticed.

so, read the small print and stay away from the bad tulip maaan.

Comment

Get yourself down to the camping store and pick up a pack of fluorescent guy ropes and put them on the tent. Stuff is pretty cheap and protects you from some fat bastard falling into the tent in the middle of the night.

I tend to eat very very little when I am away to save me going to the porta loo for a dump. Let's just say I take a variety of appetite suppressants

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Will be going next weekend and really don't know what to expect as I am a 'festival virgin'!
        Expect massive queues to take a pish and faeces all over the toilet walls, floor and doors.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
          Expect massive queues to take a pish and faeces all over the toilet walls, floor and doors.
          You're thinking of Reading, where you need to take an extra tent for when yours is burnt down.

V Festival is for the middle class to pretend they're rocking out!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

A chutney spoon is essential
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              You're thinking of Reading, where you need to take an extra tent for when yours is burnt down.
              Reading, where they make you queue past the toilets to get on the site, and you get a bottle of p*ss hit you on the back of the head (lid thankfully stayed on) when Daphne and Celeste walked on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumlin View Post
                Reading, where they make you queue past the toilets to get on the site, and you get a bottle of p*ss hit you on the back of the head (lid thankfully stayed on) when Daphne and Celeste walked on stage.
                That's the one.

And don't go looking for sympathy when you were at the front for Daphne and Celeste...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Reading sounds great. Probably need jabs though.
                  King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

V Festival is for the middle class to pretend they're rocking out!!!

Cornbury, where wine is allowed only if it's a decent appellation.

Comment

Working...
                    X