PDA

View Full Version : I don't do ill

suityou01
13th August 2009, 14:31
But lately I've been feeling a bit rough. So have the kids. They have been quite rough at night, fever, runs, aches and pains. I was running a little hot for the last couple of days, but paracetamol held that at bay. Achy and a bit chesty.

I'm alright when I get going, but when I stop I just ache and feel crap. Getting up in the morning is quite difficult as you ache and feel fatigued, but then you get going again.

It's like flu, only about 1/10th the potency.

Could it be ..... ? I thought people died or felt really crap from this swine flu. I've not even been anywhere near a chutney spoon.

Or am I just making a fuss? :suicide:

Torran
13th August 2009, 14:35
Nope that sounds like the old H1N1 mate :smokin

chef
13th August 2009, 14:36
I felt like that on Monday, a hot jalfrezi and a fair whack of decent bourbon along with a good nights sleep and I was right as rain (what an odd saying?)

MPwannadecentincome
13th August 2009, 14:38
get some serious sleep in before you start your new gig!

voodooflux
13th August 2009, 14:43
I'm alright when I get going, but when I stop I just ache and feel crap. Getting up in the morning is quite difficult as you ache and feel fatigued, but then you get going again.

It's like flu, only about 1/10th the potency.

Been feeling like that for a week or so, just emerging from the worst of it now although still feeling a bit tired despite some early nights.

ThomasSoerensen
13th August 2009, 14:50
Good man, bringing H1N1 to new client :happy

All the permies will stay home and the clientco easily sees the value of a half ill contractor who still comes into the office.

Sneaky plan.

suityou01
13th August 2009, 15:21
Just went to the chemists to get a new themometer, calpol etc as the kids are still rough. I asked her if swine flu could be mild (as people have told me they have had mild swine flu). She said categorically no. Then gave me a withering look, and said "If you are not in bed with a raging fever, wanting to die, you do not have swine flu".

So that's official. The pharmacist's assistant at Lloyds pharmacy in Stopsley says so.

NotAllThere
13th August 2009, 15:32
I felt like that on Monday, a hot jalfrezi and a fair whack of decent bourbon along with a good nights sleep and I was right as rain (what an odd saying?)

Funny that. On occasion, I've had the beginnings of 'flu or cold-like symptoms. Drank up to half a bottle of whisky. Next day, right as rain.

( Of course, now I've full blown cirrhosis, but I've managed to get myself down to 3 colds a week ).

OwlHoot
13th August 2009, 16:58
Funny that. On occasion, I've had the beginnings of 'flu or cold-like symptoms. Drank up to half a bottle of whisky. Next day, right as rain.

Me too.

Maybe it's just the heat and humidity - Although it's often overcast or patchy, we are in the height of summer.