• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Page numbering should now work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page numbering should now work

Sorry for the delay but as you will no doubt be aware a couple of recent problems with Internet 'things' led to an update for the forum to keep you all safe.

The problems were not related to the bulletin board software but were holes in PHP and Internet Explorer.

As well as adding the update to secure the forum we also hacked the code to make it much more search engine friendly and this is what caused the page numbering to break as the hacks we applied allow the spiders to get further into the forum and posts.

Please accept our apologies for the problems with the forum this morning and if you see any more issues following last nights update please let us know.

datestamp - page numbers do not appear until there are a certain number of replies to a thread. HTH

But I want this page to be page 3.

As well as adding the update to secure the forum we also hacked the code to make it much more search engine friendly
    Ooh, I wouldn't do that if I were you. Having lots of nasty bots wizzing around your site, wasting sql resources. And then when it is all nicely indexed, you go and wipe away any post that is more than a couple of days old. Bonkers!

Comment

"The problems were not related to the bulletin board software but were holes in PHP and Internet Explorer.
      ",

Oh Dear !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
        Sorry for the delay but as you will no doubt be aware a couple of recent problems with Internet 'things' led to an update for the forum to keep you all safe.

The problems were not related to the bulletin board software but were holes in PHP and Internet Explorer.

As well as adding the update to secure the forum we also hacked the code to make it much more search engine friendly and this is what caused the page numbering to break as the hacks we applied allow the spiders to get further into the forum and posts.

Please accept our apologies for the problems with the forum this morning and if you see any more issues following last nights update please let us know.

datestamp - page numbers do not appear until there are a certain number of replies to a thread. HTH
        so does this mean that all our posts will soon apear in google !
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Some of yours already are mate!

Comment

mine got - I don't remember seeing the privacy disclaimer on this site.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

posts will soon apear in google
              "Tony BLiar is an arse" - how's that for a PR clip?

Comment

Working...
              X