• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgian permie wants to start contracting in Belgium. Best way to start?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian permie wants to start contracting in Belgium. Best way to start?

Hello,

I'm a Belgian resident and permie wishing to start contracting in 2010 in Belgium.

Read a lot on the board and concluded the best way to start is to setup my own legal company (bvba) and to get the advice from an accountant.

Is this correct? Any more advice?

Thanks in advance

NoMoneyNoHoney

**** off

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
      **** off
      You suspect sock-puppetry?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        You suspect sock-puppetry?
        I'd ignore anything sappatz says. He she or it just isn't worth the trouble.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hi
          Yes I think the best thing is to get advice from a local accountant . I have lived and worked in Belgium for 5/6 years I can recommend an accountant for you that I used when I was out there. I do believe there is a start up cost fee if you want to run a bvba( i think somewhere between 2000 -11000 euros) I am not too sure . They are based in brussels but I do believe they have another office in Tournai aswell .

email : [email protected]

Cfa belgium
          tel no: 02 2311405

address rue de l'industrie 11-b16
          brussels 1000

or
          rue de la prevoyance 21
          7500 tournai

tel no : 069 84 84 65

I hope that helps

Comment

ok, i'll bite

you want to setup a belgium company, to work in beligium and you believe the best place in the world to get advice is on a contractorUK forum???

not the brightest spark squished inbetween Frogland, Clogland and the Germans are you?
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
              **** off
              WHS
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                ok, i'll bite

you want to setup a belgium company, to work in beligium and you believe the best place in the world to get advice is on a contractorUK forum???

not the brightest spark squished inbetween Frogland, Clogland and the Germans are you?
                Hmm, yep, but the freelancers forums in Holland and Belgium are about as much fun and games as spending a rainy tuesday afternoon on Blackpool beach drinking lukewarm Special Brew with Peter Mandelson and Pol Pot.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Hmm, yep, but the freelancers forums in Holland and Belgium are about as much fun and games as spending a rainy tuesday afternoon on Blackpool beach drinking lukewarm Special Brew with Peter Mandelson and Pol Pot.
                  Kaliber

( With special brew, at some point you'd slip into something more comfortable - like unconsiousness ).
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by elwray View Post
                    Hi
                    Yes I think the best thing is to get advice from a local accountant . I have lived and worked in Belgium for 5/6 years I can recommend an accountant for you that I used when I was out there. I do believe there is a start up cost fee if you want to run a bvba( i think somewhere between 2000 -11000 euros) I am not too sure . They are based in brussels but I do believe they have another office in Tournai aswell .

email : [email protected]

Cfa belgium
                    tel no: 02 2311405

address rue de l'industrie 11-b16
                    brussels 1000
                    Hi, I also use them, and could not recommend them at all. They are very slow to react, don't return calls, emails etc. Another colleague had similar experience too.

Comment

Working...
                    X