• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragon's Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon's Den

Did anyone see this last night?

The woman who's spent 600 grand on this:

http://www.mydish.co.uk/

(though to be fair she still has 150 grand left, but burns 20K a month)

Does it really cost that much to produce a site like this (assuming that you can't code it yourself and actually have to pay someone)?

The woman (what's her name - Deborah) gave her a further 100 grand to blow and she doesn't even seem to have the .com version of the name. Can't believe that this is going to pass DD.

tim

We were talking about that today although I never seen it.

I have spent about 3 grand getting my Plan B up to the same level and it still has a far greater chance of success than that has. I was told they get 100,000 hits a month and that is my estimate for hits during a morning.

ClusteredCacheTastic.

Comment

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on '78.143.252.81' (10061)

/interface/scripts/asp/database.asp, line 67

ODBC Drivers? MySQL? good grief! in this day & age????

Comment

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)
        Timestamp: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:45:11 UTC

Line: 517
        Char: 51
        Code: 0
        URI: http://www.mydish.co.uk/

Nice.

Comment

Well there's another one of those "how the **** is that going to make any money?" sites.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

1/10.

No mango chutney recipes.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              Does it really cost that much to produce a site like this (assuming that you can't code it yourself and actually have to pay someone)?
              If you outsource it to some internet design agency/studio and don't really understand what you are buying (aka how long something should vs what they say it will take) then yes, it will cost that much, if not more

Seen those buggers try to charge over 10k for an hours worth of work by claiming it would take week and half (client was going accept as well)

If you know what you are doing and either do it in house or know enough to not let the agency screw you over, could get something like that (or better) from as low as £15k (in house) to about £40k (agency)

(the above does not take into account buying domain name or on going hosting and most likely whatever off the shelf CMS those people used)

Comment

An observation on a quiz show I saw yesterday - I wont be able to watch dragon's den again without thinking the woman is Mrs McLuskey from Grange Hill.
                "take me to your leader"

Comment

A load of cock and I feel sorry for the "angel investors" who will end up getting nowt back

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                    An observation on a quiz show I saw yesterday - I wont be able to watch dragon's den again without thinking the woman is Mrs McLuskey from Grange Hill.
                    It was Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse's parody that did it for me.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X