• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pushing Permi role - heading for a warning!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pushing Permi role - heading for a warning!

ok, so the two job thing isn't exactly going well....trying to be a contractor by night and a permi during the working hours has had HR to file a "review meeting" with projects now being delivered under expectations.

going in next week - me thinks, for a warning?

was forced into taking unauthorised absence from the permi job, to cover the work left by the 2nd contractor on the contracting by night job....now things are getting a tough - thinking i should ideally use one over the other. i have also started job hunting to try and land a decent contract...

help!!

I don't expect you are real. But "unauthorised absence" in a permie job? Have you heard of calling in sick?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      I don't expect you are real. But "unauthorised absence" in a permie job? Have you heard of calling in sick?
      If they think you're playing them for fools, they'll use the fact that "you phoned at 9.06am but the contract clearly states you must inform about absence due to sickness before 9am" to mark it as unauthorised.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Saj why don't you get uncle chetty from india to come over and help you
        on the contract, if that works out just keep importing more cha cha's until
        you are filthy rich!

Comment

Are you related to Wilmslow by any chance? You sound just like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
            Saj why don't you get uncle chetty from india to come over and help you
            on the contract, if that works out just keep importing more cha cha's until
            you are filthy rich!
            Well its one of the boyz of india, who screwed this <contract> project. His code was incomplete and full of bugs, on top of that he wrote the code in such a way no one on Earth would understand.

By that i mean that:
            1. he used global modules and variables, when he should have used class.
            2. mix of business and form logic at form level
            3. multitude number of calls to fillData to refresh the same gridview.
            4. code written to "fix a problem" rather than written in a clean and manageable manor.

when i challenged him about point 1 during the development - he told me it was nothing to do with me and i was 'blocking' him from completing. now as it stands the client needs more of my time to rewrite the development he was supposed to complete

no problem i said, however then we started talking about budget constraints and things, so whilst it is a contract for work in the evening - its going to be a delayed payment.

...<and yes the perm boyz are making things increasingly difficult, by providing examples of me not meeting process, however there is nothing to do and the motivation is cr5p.

Saj

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
              Well its one of the boyz of india, who screwed this <contract> project. His code was incomplete and full of bugs, on top of that he wrote the code in such a way no one on Earth would understand.

Saj
              Sounds like the usual India Rope trick, but getting your man in there who
              only understands that code means they can't get rid of him!! These types
              of contract is what all indian boys and girls dream of, because it guarantees
              unlimited supply of rupees.

Comment

...<and yes the perm boyz are making things increasingly difficult, by providing examples of me not meeting process, however there is nothing to do and the motivation is cr5p.

Saj
                I think the motivation is the salary and benefits they provide.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

These sockpuppets really are becoming extremely tiresome. People really need to grow up and get a life.

Come on, which of you children created "SajStars"?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

the client needs more of my time to rewrite the development he was supposed to complete
                    there is nothing to do

wat

Comment

Working...
                    X