• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I Don't Know My Arse From My Elbow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't Know My Arse From My Elbow

Hi all. This is my first time here.

I've heard there are these things called computers and something called a contractor can make so much money you can't p1ss it out your @rse if you try. There are also some things called umbrellas, limited companies, tax men, agents and opting.

What should I do?

P.S.
    I have never heard of google, so don't get smart.

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Hi all. This is my first time here.

I've heard there are these things called computers and something called a contractor can make so much money you can't p1ss it out your @rse if you try. There are also some things called umbrellas, limited companies, tax men, agents and opting.

What should I do?

P.S.
    I have never heard of google, so don't get smart.
    Do what everyone else does and keep asking the same crap questions on here over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
      Do what everyone else does and keep asking the same crap questions on here over and over again

I am reporting both of these offensive comments
      What do you think this is a Contractors Web site??

Comment

must be a goldfish........

speak to the hand.......
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Oh okay.

I've heard you can get all your money tax free just by making up a load of expenses, or maybe just one big one, a crate of vintage champagne say, and telling the tax man someone told you that you didn't need a receipt.

Is that right?

Comment

reminds me the UPS went up in flames the other day in the office Had to write receipts for lots of new kit that needed replacing, amazing just how much everything adds up to!
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Want fries wid dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Oh okay.

I've heard you can get all your money tax free just by making up a load of expenses, or maybe just one big one, a crate of vintage champagne say, and telling the tax man someone told you that you didn't need a receipt.

Is that right?

The PCG could be useful, depends what you want to talk about.

Don't worry about IR35, it's a storm in a teacup. Just pay yourself minimum wage, divvy the rest and don't forget to send your contract to the IR for a review, thats very important.

As far as brollys are concerned, talk to an offshore composite as they are the best.

Opps! I think that comment might have been Ratewhore's

Comment

Originally posted by Epith
                  Want fries wid dat?
                  well burnt chips actualy.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

a brolly yes, that is good for keeping the rain orf, chilly now november dont you know, could chuck down at any time
                    IR35, sounds like a figging love child of R2D2
                    Own company is nice but am also a social creature

Comment

Working...
                    X