• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

invoice charges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

invoice charges?

Is there a limit how much an umbrella company can charge per invoice?

I used to get discount for submitting an monthly invoice £80. rather then £30 per invoice per week which would have made it at £120 PCM . But this month I got charged £120 which I thought was a mistake. But I am told that it was not a mistake and the invoice rates have gone up. Which defies the point of me making a monthly invoice claim to benefit from discount if I am still being charged the price of an invoice per week.

I was never given notice of admin charge increase but they said I should have received an email which I never did but i did receive the payslip - this is how I found out when I read the payslip break down of charges. Isnt there a notice period?
    Last edited by cv65user; 14 August 2009, 16:06.

I'm sorry, you're saying you have to pay to ask for your money? Glad I don't know anything about umbrellas if they work that way, sounds like a scam.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They can charge whatever they like since you will have an agreement with them. Check your agreement, if they've overstepped the bounds then negotiate or stop doing business with them.

Comment

So.......

If they charge you for sending them an invoice, they have send you an invoice for the amount charged. How much do you charge for them charging you?

I'm going to try this trick on my bills, the leccy one is due soon.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          So.......

If they charge you for sending them an invoice, they have send you an invoice for the amount charged. How much do you charge for them charging you?

I'm going to try this trick on my bills, the leccy one is due soon.

for my 1st 6 months I went via an Umbrella, i convinced myself I was doing the best thing, reading posts like this make me glad i saw the light...

that has really made my night..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

My ltdco charges me £0.00 for each invoice it processes.

HTH.

Comment

i shall happily take care of your umbrella needs. dozer inc ltd charges only £10 per word document compiled on your behalf, confidentiality assured.

Comment

My LtdCo will do it for £8 + VAT per word document; confidentiality unlikely.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

why do i always get a sarcastic answer. yes i know i am being ripped off even though its £80 PCM . Because when i submit my hour sheet its all automated on their system anyway. In due course as i am new to contracting , i am still looking in how to become LTD and the yearly paper work associated with it . But any more info to become LTD like yourselves is much appreciated .

Comment

This is the first time I've heard of someone charging you for invoicing them, let alone £80!

I've obviously never used one of these umbrellas. Is this charge usual? What other rip-offs do they inflict on their "customers"?

Comment

Working...
                    X