• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More red tape - Will these busibodies never stop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More red tape - Will these busibodies never stop?

Now they want to effectively ban children from appearing on TV

New laws could mean children disappear from TV, say broadcasters

Children could disappear from our television screens if the Government decides to press ahead with plans to tighten regulations covering their appearance in entertainment, broadcasters claim.

The Department for Children, Schools and Families is putting the finishing touches to proposals aimed at clarifying the rules governing reality shows such as Britain’s Got Talent and Boys and Girls Alone, which campaigners claim can cause children unnecessary distress.

The television industry is braced for a fierce battle with children’s charities and the Government over the proposals, which will suggest that programme makers must obtain a licence from a local council virtually every time they want to include a child in a television show. Councils also want the power to do spot checks on production sets.

The department originally intended to publish proposals last week, but last-minute submissions by broadcasters have forced it to delay. The head of one production company said: “You’ve got a whole range of people who want a super-nanny state where kids aren’t even allowed to watch television, let alone work on it. This debate will be acrimonious, to say the least.”
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

No children should ever be shown on TV. That will stop all those paedo's sat at home lechering over them.

Same principle as stopping parents taking photos or videos of school plays or sports days.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
      No children should ever be shown on TV. That will stop all those paedo's sat at home lechering over them.

Same principle as stopping parents taking photos or videos of school plays or sports days.
      Next you will say that kids shouldn't go to school or be seen on streets.... just in case a paedo's has a hidden camera which will take pictures of them and use it for their own entertainment.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Next you will say that kids shouldn't ... be seen on streets
        Except for drugged-up, knife-wielding hoodies, when do you ever see kids out of doors any more?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post

It has become this government's unstated aim that we should always assume the worst in people. My belief is that this is a symptom of any party that has a prolonged period in office; they get ever more desperate to hold onto power and exaggerate internal and external threats.
          Once the populous believes there is a terrorist/mugger/sexual predator etc. around every corner they can, and indeed do, pass legislation that infringes our liberties and criminalises more of our behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Now they want to effectively ban children from appearing on TV

New laws could mean children disappear from TV, say broadcasters
            Could we find a way of stopping the Simon Cowell types from exploiting children instead?

Its hard to imagine life without crackerjack.....

Comment

Ahem. Crackerjack!
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Except for drugged-up, knife-wielding hoodies, when do you ever see kids out of doors any more?
                Anywhere that isn't a middle-class new-build estate?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Ahem. Crackerjack!
                  More of a Tiswas person myself ..... Sally James and her famous cleavage ... yummm
                  The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
                    More of a Tiswas person myself ..... Sally James and her famous cleavage ... yummm
                    Yep me too (except the cleavage). You have to say Crackerjack - it's the law.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X