• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maximum pay level in UK on it's way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum pay level in UK on it's way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8204530.stm

In the same way the Low Pay Commission was set up in 1997 to advise on the minimum wage, a High Pay Commission was needed to introduce "a wide-ranging review" of pay at the top and bring in new measures to curb excessive remuneration, it said.

Just set the maximum pay = minimum wage.

Simples, comrade.

Just tax everybody at 100% and then all net wages are equal !!

Comment

Response 'timid'
      Mr Cable has backed the Compass proposals.
      "There is no justification for massive pay and bonus awards in financial institutions, the most important of which are guaranteed or owned or have been rescued by the taxpayer," he said.
      That is the second time in the last two or three days I've seen the banks who managed to escape nationalisation being lumped in with the rescued ones by dint of "being guaranteed by the taxpayer".

It's a potentially nasty little twist. It seems to me that they are paving the way for yet more interference in the private sector.

How many tractors are we supposed to produce this year?
      Last edited by Sysman; 17 August 2009, 09:58.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        That is the second time in the last two or three days I've seen the banks who managed to escape nationalisation being lumped in with the rescued ones by dint of "being guaranteed by the taxpayer".

It's a potentially nasty little twist.

No doubt you believe that Barclays have had no help from the taxpayer.

Comment

It's a potentially nasty little twist. It seems to me that they are paving the way for yet more interference in the private sector.
          I have noticed that as well in the last few weeks.

Comment

Same as in the last 5 year plan: none. So it is good to see our illustrious leaders are conforming to the plan. Hurrah for the Illustrious Leaders! (Which one is playing Unelected Prime Minister this week?)

But remember, Iraq were the enemy last year, now they are our friend and always have been.

Is it too early to open the Victory Gin?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The banks haven't had enough 'interference' thanks to Brown, and that is precisely why we are in the current mess.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8204530.stm

Just set the maximum pay = minimum wage.

Simples, comrade.
                Gordies plan is exactly on schedule.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

hairdressing salons are we supposed to open
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    hairdressing salons are we supposed to open
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X