• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convertible cars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible cars?

Are they only for
    - women
    - posers
    - men in their midlife crisis?

Or can semi-wealthy contractors carry it off?

Should I get one to appease the Mrs, at a cost of £25k for a decent 3-series convertible?

Will it help me to look cool and more attractive to the ladies?

So many questions, so little time.

I've got a 2-seater convertible and do I look gay?

Comment

I got one a few years back and although I agree there is a bit of a stigma attached to them, everytime I put the top and my foot down, I smile and thats priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Are they only for
        - women
        - posers

Should I get one to appease the Mrs, at a cost of £25k for a decent 3-series convertible?

ex-Mrs HAB pestered me to buy one, but I kept saying no. She shut up after she parked her car under a palm tree and a coconut fell on it and put a massive dent in the bonet (hood as the septic repairman called it). We got a jeep on the cheep after than and she was far more happy.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

You're all gay because you give a tulipe what other people think, rather than having fun. Either that or you're insecure about something. Don't know what.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Are they only for
            - women
            - posers

If you want one, get one. Simples.

Feck everyone elses opinion.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              If you want one, get one. Simples.

flip everyone elses opinion.

HTH
              WHS
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I got one as a courtesy car a few months ago and felt an arse driving it. I'm a 27 year old male so I guess I must have fallen into the posers category.

Comment

I've had convertibles for years. The missus has one as well. Wouldn't get a Beemer though (personal preference).
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I have to admit when I first had my S2000 I felt a bit embaressed to be seen driving with the roof down (especially as it was December). But I got over it.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X