• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banking Jobs for British Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banking Jobs for British Contractors

Sorry not a rasist and have loads of antipedian friends, however as a British Born contractor I do get p*ssed off when I find that nearing the end of a contract I can't find a new one.

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years! And in present contract for just over half of that. Before the flame throwers come out I know I've had a good run, but I have also lived pretty well and am not sitting on a pot of gold now.

Also I look around and see the level of some of the contractors working in my present bank and I find it hard to believe how some of them have jobs.

Rant over !

Originally posted by maveric_32 View Post
    Sorry not a rasist and have loads of antipedian friends, however as a British Born contractor I do get p*ssed off when I find that nearing the end of a contract I can't find a new one.

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years! And in present contract for just over half of that. Before the flame throwers come out I know I've had a good run, but I have also lived pretty well and am not sitting on a pot of gold now.

Also I look around and see the level of some of the contractors working in my present bank and I find it hard to believe how some of them have jobs.

Rant over !
    lol innit

Comment

Rant over !
      What's a "rasist"?

What's an "antipedian"?

Could it be that your inability to spell and string a few words into a coherent sentence is having a detrimental effect on your career prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What's a "rasist"?

What's an "antipedian"?

Could it be that your inability to spell and string a few words into a coherent sentence is having a detrimental effect on your career prospects?
        he's like the 16 bit maveric, but comes without the spell checker

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

WHS
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Not another sockie!
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

What's a "rasist"?

What's an "antipedian"?

Lolz Chl u tld hm da wy it is.

OK enough of that txt spk. Seriously, why get p1ssed off after 10 years of contracting? If you've lived beyond your means then that is your problem and I have no pity for someone who can gross £150k whilst not even being able to spell, or being able to save for that day when you'll be out of contract.

Comment

I'm not sure I catch your drift? I'm guessing that you're complaining that your contract has be offshored. booo hooo hooo.

Luckily for me. I was very prudent and have enough cash to last two years - until the wife finds out and buys that Z3 she keeps looking at.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

What's a "rasist"?

What's an "antipedian"?

Comment

Intra Company Transfers

Rant over !
                    Many of the people you are talking about are here legitimately because they are either EU citizens or have been granted work permits when the rules were more lax.

However there is also a very large group who have come in on Intra Company Transfers( about 38,000 in 2007) and are taking jobs from contractors based here purely in order to cut costs. This is not based on any skill shortage criteria or lack of local personnel to fill the roles.

This is particularly prevalent in Banking and Telecomms and needs to be stamped out as it is an abuse of the system.

Groups like APSCo and PCG are attempring to publicise this more widely.

Comment

Working...
                    X