• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Holidays start in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Holidays start in

3 hours and 34 mins
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Well? Where are you going?

What are you doing?

Who with?

Why?

How long for?

Will you be posting updates while away?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      3 hours and 34 mins
      Funny enough so does mine

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Well? Where are you going?

Cyprus - Coral Bay - where we got married a few years ago. We didn't get to do much as we had wedding things to arrange when we were there.

What are you doing?

Relaxing on the beach and ridding the island of beer by turing it into harmless wee.

Who with?

Wife and kids, her mum and the loony foster kid she has and my wifes best mate. I get on well with my mother in law which is handy as she comes away with us a lot!!

Why?

Because I want one!

How long for?

2 Weeks - away from Geneva for 2.5 weeks though

Will you be posting updates while away?

I doubt it!
        Ok filled in the questionaire.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tony... how much of a pain in the ass was it organising a wedding when you were so far away??
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Tony... how much of a pain in the ass was it organising a wedding when you were so far away??
            I know you asked Tony but in true CUK fashion I'm gonna give you my opinion anyway

We had ours in Sri Lanka last year and it was incredibly stress free TBH.

Wedding co-ordinator met us on day one to make some final choices (flowers, location etc) and to go over the arrangements.

Met the registrar on day 2 to fill out the paperwork

Booked Mrs PL's nail and hair appointments on Day 3

Married on Day 4

I would definitely recommend it for anyone who's not into a church wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I know you asked Tony but in true CUK fashion I'm gonna give you my opinion anyway

We had ours in Sri Lanka last year and it was incredibly stress free TBH.

Wedding co-ordinator met us on day one to make some final choices (flowers, location etc) and to go over the arrangements.

Met the registrar on day 2 to fill out the paperwork

Booked Mrs PL's nail and hair appointments on Day 3

Married on Day 4

I would definitely recommend it for anyone who's not into a church wedding.
              Wow - that does sound stress free.... sounds perfect. Did many of your family or friends go? Or was it just yourselves?

Where abouts in Sri Lanka did you get married - I did a tour of Sri Lanka a few years ago and stayed in some fab places!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ours was pain free. We had a wedding coordinator also. Obviously there are a lot of emails flying about in the run up to it, but they do this as their job and know exactly what they are doing. We made sure we got an English speaking one as we didn't want anything to get lost in translation. When we got to the island we had a few meetings, went to the hotel where the reception was to be held and met the manager to discuss what we wanted etc. It was all dead simple and a lot cheaper than in the UK. Because it was overseas it cut down on the number of guests considerably. We had 30 or 35 at ours. Everybody just had their holiday in Cyprus and made sure they were there at the right time. We spent about 5.5k all in - the flights and private villa for 2 weeks took up most of that. The actual wedding was peanuts.

If I had to do it over, I'd go away again. It was much better than being ripped off at every turn in the UK

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X