• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Important scientific finding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important scientific finding

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm

If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

They say only frequent counter-attacks with increasing force would eradicate the fictional creatures.

The scientific paper is published in a book - Infectious Diseases Modelling Research Progress.

Meanwhile, India and China get their researchers working on space travel, weapons research, alternative energy, pharmaceuticals, IT services and manufacturing.

I, for one, welcome a zombie apocalypse. My rate might go up in the world rebuilding process.

Comment

Professor Robert Smith? (the question mark is part of his surname and not a typographical mistake) and colleagues wrote: "We model a zombie attack using biological assumptions based on popular zombie movies.

"We introduce a basic model for zombie infection and illustrate the outcome with numerical solutions."

On his university web page, the mathematics professor at Ottawa University says the question mark distinguishes him from Robert Smith, lead singer of rock band The Cure.

I can see where the confusion might arise. An interesting take on a serious subject though ...
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        On his university web page, the mathematics professor at Ottawa University says the question mark distinguishes him from Robert Smith, lead singer of rock band The Cure.
        Oh, right. I thought he must be Australian.

"G'day, my name is Dr Robert Smith?"

"Nice to meet you, mate?"

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Oh, right. I thought he must be Australian.

"G'day, my name is Dr Robert Smith?"

"Nice to meet you, mate?"
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.
            There's a lot of bored people in Canada, according to the other thread.

Comment

This is such a load of sh1te!!!!

Zombies would NOT bo able to wipe out the human race!!!

a) They're too slow - they can't really kill us unless they corner us.
              b) They can't use weapons -we can!

We'd definately be able to knack them!! FACT!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Zombies v2.0 can run. They've been upgraded since Resident Evil.

We're doomed
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  This is such a load of tulipe!!!!

Zombies would NOT bo able to wipe out the human race!!!

a) They're too slow - they can't really kill us unless they corner us.
                  b) They can't use weapons -we can!

We'd definitely be able to knack them!! FACT!
                  You over-estimate the average chav. They'd just stand there gobbing off at the zombies until they were bitten.

Also, most town centre streets are littered with unconscious bodies once the clubs tip out. They'd all get chomped & converted.

Then there's the permies who do not have permission to leave their desk.

I suspect plenty would be doome BRRRAAAINNNZZZZZZZ
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

They also smell pretty bad so can't exactly sneek up on you. They would have to raid an Airwick factory first.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X