• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most boring place in the world ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most boring place in the world ...

I know we moan about good old Blighty but it's generally a pretty interesting (OK infuriating, annoying) place - apart from real boresvilles like Swindon.
    What's the most boring place you've ever lived in?
    For me it has to be Basel, Switzerland. And the Swiss have to be the dullest people in the world (especially in the German part).
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Brockville, Ontario.

A 'city' of about 20,000 and 2hrs from civilisation (Ottawa or Toronto)

If you don't play ice-hockey or shoot stuff the locals have no conversation.

Oh, and the bars shut at about 9:30pm.

Comment

My f***ing desk.

Comment

The village in Scotland where I grew up, as soon as I hit the teenage years ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

CUK General forum.

Comment

Boring would be such a nice change.

Comment

Droitwich. Most notable for being not too far from Bromsgrove.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                For me it has to be Basel, Switzerland. And the Swiss have to be the dullest people in the world (especially in the German part).
                Yep, being able to be out and about at night in perfect safety, not having to worry about your kids being out late, able to leave your bike outside without having it getting nicked, not having to be concerned about being mugged for your mobile phone. Police who understand that they serve the community. Basel does get awfully dull. Even without hanging out with the Swiss. Who are very very dull.

Duller, of course, is the canton of Aarau, whose distinguishing feature is that it lies between Basel and Zürich.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  The village in Scotland where I grew up, as soon as I hit the teenage years ...
                  Same here - except Ireland not Scotland
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

winnepeg

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X