• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free for all...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free for all...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/4421570.stm

"There was no budget for prescribing adjuvent Herceptin this year and that it would cost the city of Stoke on Trent about £700,000 in the year 2006/7, the trust added."

The oft promoted idea of the NHS is that all treatment is free at the point of use.

Surely though there has to be some limit. If everyone starts to demand that they are provided with this treatment or another, irrespective of how much it will cost, then where does it end when for almost every illness if you have the money there is a better treatment.

Thats not to say that if my life was on the line and I had no alternative I wouldn't be fighting to get everything I could, but while I can sympathise with thse people I wonder what this is setting the country up for.

I think this applies to the whole subject of Health Economics We all know there are limits and a have to draw the line somewhere but when it comes to people health its not a decision anyone wants to make.

the old chesnut of "infinate wants and scarce resources"

Comment

There are specific budgets allocated to 'ethnic minority health' that dwarf that figure by many times.

Strange the money isnt there to find medecines to help people irrespective of their colour, age or religion.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
      X