• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favorites File

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorites File

Morning Forum,

Any one know where details of Favorites files(URLs) are stored in Windows? I want to back up these files before i unistall the operating system on my PC so i won't have to individually recreate them after i've reinstalled the operating system. Many thanks.

use http://delicious.com/

welcome to the web2.0 thingy
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

C:\Documents And Settings\Username\Favorites

HTH
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Unless you're using Firefox, can't remember where they live. Just use FUBU to back up all your extensions and it should do your favourites too.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

They are stored separately per browser (it'd be a shame if you saved IE's only to find later that the user used Firefox and you hadn't saved them).

All browsers should have an "export bookmarks" option to export, notmally, to an HTML file; with later "import" to get them back again. Just do that for every browser on the machine, and for every user.

Comment

if you have firefox install the plugin 'xmarks'. this then synchronises your plugins anywhere and allows you to retrieve them from anywhere
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              C:\Documents And Settings\Username\Favorites

HTH
              Found it. Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                use http://delicious.com/

welcome to the web2.0 thingy
                +1 for delicious!

Comment