• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London to Newcastle return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London to Newcastle return

I've got a stag do to attend over the bank holiday weekend. So far, cheapest I've found is £105 return by train. Anybody know something cheaper?

Originally posted by mace View Post
    I've got a stag do to attend over the bank holiday weekend. So far, cheapest I've found is £105 return by train. Anybody know something cheaper?
    Yeah, don't go.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I read somewhere that you can do it cheaper if you book singles to and from one of the intermediary stations, for both legs of the journey. I think it's Peterborough for that particular route.

Comment

£105 return sounds pretty cheap to me.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Try thetrainline.com bit more helpful in finding cheaper fares - but if you're travelling on a Friday, you're screwed anyway! From memory I think that site helps you find the intermediate fares (absolute shambles the pricing structure still - despite several attempts to make them easier!)

Comment

I wouldn't know...

I never travel second class....

T

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
              The GrandCentral train goes to Sunderland (which is only 20 mins away). That's normally very cheap, but takes about an hour longer than normal.

Alternatively, I'd say fly. It's much cheaper than the thieving trains, and you can get the metro between the airport and town for a fiver.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
              X