• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job market from here on:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job market from here on:

We have passed the lowest point in terms of available jobs. Even lower levels than the bottoms of the dot com crash. Where from here though?
    Job increases. Gordon Brown has rescued the World, rapid increase in Jobs from hereon in.
    32.00%
    False bottom. Slight increase in jobs now but carnage after the General Election, new lows in 2010.
    32.00%
    Stagnation. We hit the bottom and will bump along at this level for the next 12 months or so.
    36.00%

Up up up way beyond the Y2K peak.

But only if Labour win the election.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Up up up way beyond the Y2K peak.

But only if Labour win the election.
      WHS, the credit crunch was just a bump on the road up.

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
        We have passed the lowest point in terms of available jobs. Even lower levels than the bottoms of the dot com crash. Where from here though?
        My opinion....as far as permie employment is concerned - not good for at least a year. I think contracting will slowly pick up over the coming months though. Many of the people I talk to have cut more than to the bone, and as soon as any new work comes in they no longer have the heads to cover it - but will get contractors in rather than permies to keep the bean counters happy.

We truly live in interesting times though - particularly if you have any knowledge or interest in economics.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I would say on the up but it will just be small gains until after April next year. Then gains should be pretty strong and steady, but even then will take another 12 months to reach the previous peaks (this is for contracting..permie's? Who know's or cares?)

Comment

I reckon it will level off from here (allowing for seasonal fluctuations) until Spring time. Then will be on the up.

Comment

Working...
            X