• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortimer Spinks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortimer Spinks

Avoid!!

The went for trick No. 1 a few minutes ago...

1. They phone you up saying that they have several jobs that you are suitable for. They need you, however, first to supply them with references. Is this true? No, it isn’t. They do not have any jobs for you. They are just trying to find out people who take on contractors and want to know the names and phone numbers of your old bosses.

Pathetic.

very true. The rule of thumb for contractors is to not supply any references until you have been to the interview with a client, and they have an offer for you.

If the agent asks for references before that, tell them "I'll provide relevant references once there is a job offer"

Comment

Yeap, that's what I said

Their reply was... 'Yes, sure but I'll need to check if we have any vacancies first' (!!)

doh

Comment

Working...
      X